Insurance and Risk Management
The risks inherent to the energy industry are vast, and unique. Additionally the risks that are present in the oil field are different from those that a utility lineman will face on a day to day basis. Because of this, it is important to partner with an adviser that has the knowledge and expertise to guide you properly. From environmental liability concerns to contract compliance, from Workers Compensation to key person coverage, we will work with you to ensure your program provides comprehensive coverage for your business at the best possible premium.
Our goal is to help you save time and money, by working with an expert in the field of insurance and risk management, relative to the energy industry.
Comprehensive Insurance program review and expertise specific to the following areas:
- General Liability
- Property Protection
- Business Income & Extra Expense
- Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions)
- Worker’s Compensation
- Errors & omissions
- Equipment Breakdown
- Commercial Auto
- Cyber Liability
- Director’s & Officer’s Liability
- Control of Well Insurance
Oil and Gas Law
The energy lawyers at Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge draw upon the comprehensive legal experience of 85 attorneys in three offices spanning the state of Michigan. Our attorneys can serve the legal needs of clients in the oil and gas industry in Michigan and beyond.
Our clients include producers, manufacturers, investors and project developers. We advise our clients on all phases of project structuring, development, and operation.
With a thorough knowledge of the oil and gas industry in Michigan, as well as a strong general business and litigation practice, Smith Haughey can help any party at any phase in the project achieve their goals.
- From reviewing leases to forming joint ventures to structuring acquisitions, our lawyers provide thoughtful, thorough and proven counsel to clients in the oil and gas industry.
- We draft and review ownership agreements, project structuring, leases, service agreements, joint operating agreements, and purchase and sales agreements.
- We cover the gamut in real estate transactions, including financing, site acquisition, zoning, leasing and permitting.
- We advise concerning the formation of business entities, joint ventures, partnership agreements, and financing.
- We advise on issues concerning insurance coverage.
- We thoroughly understand the legal complexities arising from working with landowners and governments. We have substantial practical experience in applying them to real-world situations.
- We provide a full and broad spectrum of litigation services, ranging from ordinary tort claims to complex commercial disputes.